Hazelnut Squash Soup
- 1-1/2 cups mashed, cooked squash or 1 package (12 oz.)
frozen cooked squash
- 1 cup finely chopped Oregon hazelnuts (4 oz.)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 quart chicken broth or stock
- salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons sherry
Combine squash, hazelnuts, onion and broth in saucepan.
Bring to a boil; cover and simmer 30 minutes, stirring
occasionally. Stir in salt to taste, pepper, butter and
sherry. Garnish with roasted and sliced hazelnuts, if desired.
Recipe from Oregon